CHIEF STEWARD / ASSISTANT CHIEF STEWARD
- To obtain maximum efficiency and safety in all work areas and create a good morale within the department, and cooperate with other departments.
- To ensure all departments of Health laws are adhered to. To ensure Sheraton health standards are met.
- To ensure all accidents and incidents are reported correctly and promptly.
- To be present and contribute at required meetings then to communicate relative information to staff as required.
- To be responsible fro all administrative work within the Steward Department.
- To set-up and maintain a training schedule for each Steward and to ensure standards are met and maintained.
- To organize and supervise the smooth running of the department.
- To encourage teamwork and create high morale within the Department.
- To develop interested staff for promotion.
- To counsel and discipline employees required ensuring compliance with Hotel rules and regulations.
- To set a good example to staff.
- Ensure staff conduct and practices are carried out at all times.
- Ensure safe conduct and practices are carried out a safe environment.
- To establish and maintain a par stock numbers for all outlets.
i.e: glasses, china, silverware, flatware, cutlery and plastic ware;
- To requisite for the different outlets as par stocks are needed.
- To record breakages on regular basis and calculate the losses monthly.
- To conduct an inventory of all chinaware, glassware, stainless steel, silverware, flatware, cutlery and plastic ware at quarterly intervals as required.
- To requisite all cleaning chemicals as needed.
- To ensure all clearing stations are set -up for Banquet functions with the help of banquet staff.
- To ensure all equipment is ready and prepared for banquet functions and buffets.
- To liaise regularly with Executive Chef, Banquet Manager and Outlet Managers regarding future functions.
- To ensure the standard of hygiene in the Kitchen and other food and beverage areas, equipment, tools and utensils area maintained.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language. (Preferably local dialect).
- Minimum SPM required or equivalent experience in the form of 5 to 8 years in stewarding kitchen operation.
CLICK HERE TO SEND US YOUR DETAILED RESUME